The story focuses on the feelings of affection that children have for a special teacher who makes school fun. Teacher Nasma has all the qualities needed. She reads them the best stories and makes each and every one of them feel special. With a teacher like Miss Nasma missing a school day is not fun.
- Why do some Kids like school while others don’t? Discuss and allow children to express their feelings freely.
- Teachers play an important role in children’s lives? What makes a teacher popular with kids? How are teachers similar to parents?
- Discuss how Miss Nasma showed her class how important it is to show a sick child that his teacher and classmates miss him and are thinking of him.
- The scent of flowers reminds the sick child of his teacher. This shows us that the teacher has left a positive impression on him which he associates with the smell of flowers.
- Discuss what makes a child enjoy class and how a teacher can make school fun by creative ways of teaching. Why does the child in the story keep repeating, “my teacher Nasma has the loveliest smile”? How does the teacher’s smile affect her pupils?