Carmel misses life in the city and misses her friends there. Her cat is her constant companion. Carmel keeps herself busy with the family chores and amuses herself by making up her own games. Soon school will start and she will make new friends.
Life becomes exciting when one morning Carmel meets and befriends Zekazam a friendly alien from Zeka planet. She also meets Basem and Zekazoom a friend of Zekazam.
Carmel and Basem help the two aliens achieve the goal of their trip.
- Discussion Many children have to move from familiar surroundings to a new location. Discuss how these children may feel and how they can overcome their loneliness and make new friends. Discuss why friends are important.
- How different are Zekazam ,and Zekazoom from Carmel and Basem? Did their differences stop them from being friends? Do all your friends like the same things you do. How was Zeekazam different from the other Zeeka? How are your friends different from you?
- Discuss how children can help other children who are new to the neighborhood or school.
- Sharing information about oneself with others helps you get to know other people better. Discuss how Zeekazam and Carmel became friends?
- Discuss creatures from outer space or aliens. Are they real? How have they been imagined in popular culture and movies? Do you imagine them to be good or evil?
- Carmel moved to the countryside from the city. Discuss how life in the city may differ from Life in the country.
- Zekazam and Zekazoom needed the wheat kernels and sunflower seeds for experiments on energy for their planet. What are the benefits of wheat and sunflower seeds for us humans?
- Carmel had a secret hiding place on top of the fig tree. Do you have a secret hiding place in your house where you feel safe?
- Discuss different ways of transportation. How do people travel in space?
- Imagine how alien spaceships may look like.